I mean, I had to say it didn’t I? I actually love January. Sure, it was 7° this week while I was standing outside trying to buy a shuttle pass, and yes my electricity bill is exorbitant after trying to keep my house at a measly 64°, and yes I’m not entirely sure when we will see sunlight again; however, there is a genuine rejuvenation and fresh start after the holiday season ends and I live for it.
4 days into the year and I’m actually keeping up with my resolutions so far (yes, 4 days is pretty good for me). I even resisted Madewell’s 40% off sale-sale this morning, so I guess nothing can stop me now!!
I wanted to share some of my favorite purchases from the past few months – all of them have been serving me extremely well, and though some are pricier than I’d typically go for, I’ve been wearing them heavily so they’ve been earning their keep.
1) Rose Gold Nikes: I love the monochrome and the metallic finish on a casual shoe. Similar pairs here, here, and here.
2) Free People Drapey Thermal Top: I bought two of these, in cream and burgundy, and I would wear them daily if I could. They’re soft & slouchy and long enough to wear with leggings. Similar top here, here, and here (but really the FP Laguna is the best).
3) Free People Teddy Peacoat: THIS IS CURRENTLY MY FAVORITE THING I OWN. It has been freezing in Nashville (seriously, my weather app says it feels like -5° outside) and my teddy coat has been so cozy and warm. I’ve worn it every day since I bought it just before the holidays. They’re a hot commodity right now, but you can still find somewhat similar here, here, and here.
4) Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: I get it. Spending almost $100 on leggings is stupid. I would never have done it if I hadn’t tried the stupid things on on a whim. Unfortunately, they’re so worth the price tag – I have never felt better in a pair of leggings, and especially in a pair of pleather-finish leggings. They suck me in and smooth out every tiny smidgen of cellulite. I’m obsessed and wish I had the funds to own fifty pairs. If you’re just looking for some faux leather leggings (without the ridiculous price tag) check out these, these, or these!
5) Sam Edelman Statement Loafers: My beautiful sparkly embroidered babies. They felt like butter the first time I put them on and I love when they catch the light. Other fun & more affordable options are here, here, and here.
6) Free People Chunky Cardigan: This cardigan was on my wishlist for months before I pulled the plug, and during a Nordstrom sale I finally went for it. I wear it constantly, around the house over pajamas and out and about when it’s above freezing temps. It’s a cozy cocoon. Other oversized cardis with a similar vibe can be found here, here, and here.
I’m currently on a no-buy for January when it comes to clothes (and makeup) but considering the fact that my uniform has been the sneakers, leggings, thermal, and slouchy cardigan for a month straight, I think I’ll manage.