This is my third Allure Beauty Box and I think it may be my favorite. I paid $10 with a promo they ran over the holidays, but the products they include are, in my opinion, well-worth the usual $15 per month. Allure includes a good combination of full-size & deluxe sample sizes and the retail value is really satisfying.
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads ($5) – I’m a big advocate of the First Aid Beauty brand for anyone’s first step into skincare, or for anyone with sensitive skin. I’ve never tried the Radiance Pads, but I did buy them for my sister last Christmas!
- GrandeLips Hydrating Lip Plumper (~$10) – I received a full size of this through another subscription box last Fall, but unfortunately I’ve never tried it in the daytime. Therefore, I’m not sure it works as a primer for lips or to plump lips for 4+ hours, like it claims. I did think it made my lips look a little fuller when I applied before bed consistently, though.
- Beautycounter Lengthening Mascara ($29) – Full-size, I can’t get enough mascara so I’m happy for a full size.
- Cargo ColorStick in Champagne ($20) – I also can’t get enough highlighter, and I love stick application best of all.
- Red Flower Tea Light Candle in Moroccan Rose ($2.50) – I’m a little disappointed this was just a teeny tea light, but considering the overall value & shipping constraints, I understand not getting a huge candle.
- Olay Pro-Retinol Eye Treatment ($11.50) – Thanks to subscription boxes, I have enough eye cream to last me until my 80s! I’m never excited to try drugstore products in boxes because 1. I’m a brat and 2. I can afford to buy them myself, but I’m sure this will get used (or gifted!).
- BONUS: Free month membership @ Curology
Total Paid: $10
Total Value: $78
Swatch of the Cargo highlighter
I did end up cancelling Allure for March, but in my brief experience it seems to be consistently worth the money. The high retail values for Ipsy and Allure and wide array of products they send out make the tiny, low-value samples Birchbox sends out stand in stark contrast.